Wednesday, April 17, 2013

SBL Northwest Regional Conference, Seattle, May 3-5

6
I am giving a paper on the “Outer Margins of Nestle/Aland 28” for the Pacific Northwest Regional meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature at Seattle University in Seattle, Washington on Friday, May 3. The following is a brief description of the paper:
The newly published edition of the standard scholars’ New Testament has kept pace with the developments in New Testament Textual Criticism, as evidenced by the application of the Coherence Based Genealogical Method to the text and apparatus of the Catholic Epistles. But the outer margins—which provide parallel references to the Old Testament— have not been revised to reflect advances in the study of the Old Testament in the New and the textual criticism of the Hebrew Bible, Septuagint, etc. I propose to suggest how the next Nestle/Aland outer margins might be revised so as to make this remarkable resource even more valuable. A sample of proposals will be given dealing with the scripture citations in Acts.
Peter R. Rodgers

6 comments

  1. I hope that goes well Peter. They did claim that all the cross references had been revised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter, Thank you. I am aware of this claim, but I believe that further "revision" would benefit the users of NA 29, when it appears. Greetings to friends at Tyndale House! Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter,

    Would it be possible to get a copy of this paper once you deliver it? I cannot make it this year, but I would love to read what you have to say.

    Cliff
    theologicalmusings.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Cliff, Thanks for your interest. I would be glad to send you a copy of my paper after 3 May. Best wishes, Peter Rodgers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Cliff, Now that I have given the paper at SBL Seattle, I am glad to send it to you. Please let me know what email to use, and I will send both the paper and the supporting chart. Peter Rodgers

    ReplyDelete
  6. By way of update, this was published as "The Outer Margins of Nestle/Aland 28" in Filología Neotestamentaria - Vols. XXVIII-XXIX - 2014-2015, pp. 173-177.

    ReplyDelete